Home of Brutus the Bear & Friends!
Welcome to Montana Grizzly Encounter; a Grizzly Bear Rescue & Education Sanctuary in Bozeman, Montana. Founded in 2004, it provides a spacious and natural home for rescued grizzlies. At the same time it provides a place where the public can come and learn about grizzly bears as they watch the majestic animals “up close” in a beautiful mountain setting.
All of our bears were born in unfortunate captive situations and could NEVER be released into the wild. The bears have been rescued from often inhumane captive situations all over the U.S.
We give the bears the best possible life here at the sanctuary. We give people an opportunity to see and understand this awesome creature safely, up close, with no bars or cages to obstruct the view. The Grizzly Encounter is open to school groups free of charge, and each year thousands of children learn about grizzly bear safety and conservation. In this way, Brutus and the Grizzly Encounter are doing their best to help insure that there will be wild bears in our forests for generations to come.
MGE News Feed:
- 2014 Grizzly Gala August 4, 2014
- Happy Halloween from the bears of MGE October 31, 2013
- Montana Grizzly Encounter – Winter Hours October 31, 2013
- A Bear Bed for Sheena May 7, 2012
- Sheena’s Bear Bed Photo Gallery May 7, 2012
- Partnership with Hendrick Boards April 13, 2012
- America the Wild – Coming Soon… March 8, 2012
- Bozeman Area DiscoveryMap February 15, 2012
- $1/Month Donation Contest Results January 2, 2012
- America The Wild! November 28, 2011